Monday, July 28, 2008

Mount Vernon

One of the fun things about visiting family in Maryland is that we get to visit historical places as well. Jeff, Emily and Julia's cousin, chose to visit Mount Vernon one day. It was neat for them to see where George Washington lived with his family. It has been very well restored and the grounds are also beautiful. One of my favorite parts is the chairs along the back porch that look over the Potomac River. Sometimes I wish I could live in a day when I could just sit on the porch and look at the river. We live too busy of lives now don't we?!



The Visitor Center and Museum had lots of things to see and do as well. Check out Julia in her 18th Century Garb.


There were quotes throughout the visitor center. I loved this one, so I share it with all of you.

4 comments:

nickybeit said...

nice to read it

Miracle Gro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miracle Gro said...

I remember trudging through Mt. Vernon after your wedding. It's too bad that all I remember was going there, but no details about what I saw.

Cranberryfries said...

I went there about 4 years ago. It's so beautiful and like you I love the back porch. Gorgeous!