Thursday, July 9, 2009

California Dreamin'

Mike had 10 days of work off between his intern year and his Clinical Anesthesia 1 year. Ahhh, what to do with 10 days in June. Mike got to choose what he wanted to do and he chose to go home and spend the time with his family in California. We had not been to California as a family in 3 1/2 years. It was definitely time for us to go. And, we vow not to wait that long before we visit again.

The most important part of the visit was spending time with family. Believe it or not, I did not get a photo of my children with their grandparents together. I don't know what I was thinking, but here are a few family shots from our trip.

Grandpa Bruce Carter reading to Benjamin, Julia, McKayla, and Emily.





Emily and Julia giving Grandma Jackie a massage after swimming at Great Grandma Putman's pool.







Great Grandmas:
Ida Elva Kimber Carter, age 90
Ellen Louise Garrett Putman, age 84






Grandpa Bruce grilling steak...yum.












Enjoying dinner







Visiting with Grandma Ida Carter
and Grandma Ellen Putman
















Hangin' with cousins
Julia, Annabelle, McKayla, Benjamin and Emily







Cousins at Corona Del Mar
Joel, Benjamin, Rachel, Annabelle, McKayla, Allyson, Emily and Julia






Corona Del Mar
Mike, Brooke, Julia, Emily, Nancy, Annabelle, McKayla, Steven and Benjamin

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Thanks for posting so much Brooke! I love seeing all of your adventures! It looks like you guys have been keeping yourselves busy...I love your Nauvoo and California pictures! We love you guys!!

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

It looks like you had a great time. I always enjoy visiting family. When I was little I'd think "How boring, all the grown ups are doing is talking", but now that's the best part of any trip!