Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Christmas Eve

Emily and Julia worked most of the day creating a play to share with Mom and Dad. They even made programs for us to follow along with. They had a script, costumes, music and everything. They put on quite a show.



A tradition we have in our family is to open one present each on Christmas Eve.

Emily and Julia were very excited for Santa Claus to come. Here they are in front of our very first fireplace with the stockings waiting to be filled.

They also made sure that Santa Claus would have some refreshments after all his hard work. Here they have set out cookies and milk as well as some carrots for his reindeer.

To remember the birth of Jesus Christ, we read the story of his miraculous birth in the Book of Luke in the New Testament. It always amazes me what humble and righteous people Joseph and Mary were. They were truly special individuals to be given the responsibility of raising Jesus Christ. I am grateful to them and to Heavenly Father for giving us Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Briana said...

Yeah! It's so fun to read up on you guys and what you've been doing. We miss you and your family. I love how the girls did the play for you. I wonder if "boys" will ever think of that . . . if not, I'm sure I'm missing out!