We started by driving to UT on Friday and Saturday. We tried to arrive by the start of the Utah vs. BYU football game. We ended up listening to the first quarter of the game on the radio as we drove past Park City. We arrived at Mike's sister Jennifer Kinghorn's house to watch the rest of the game. Sadly, it was not BYU's day and Utah won the game. It was pretty painful to watch. The vacation began at Jennifer and Al's. The kids played and we enjoyed good food and conversation.
Sunday we spent the morning recovering from our drive by sleeping in. Then we visited my friend Jul
Monday Laura and I went to see Twilight. Yes it is true, I love Twilight and all things related. Laura was gracious enough to be my date. We saw it during the day, so it wasn't too crowded and there wasn't a whole lot of screaming, well I did a bit, but not too much. Just kidding. We both enjoyed it and found it entertaining. (Of course I still love the book more). Monday afternoon was spent with the Kinghorns. It was great to see the kids play and Emily really liked being the oldest and taking charge. They played a lot of school which I found fascinating considering it was vacation time...away from school. Grace is 3, Sam 2, and Paul is 6 months. We had a great time staying with them and spending time with them.
Tuesday we drove down to Provo to visit BYU. Yes, we like to visit the campus and reminiss and see our old stomping grounds. It makes me feel old and young at the same time. I feel like I should still be there as a student, but then when I see how young they look I realize that I am old. Oh well. We all got t-shirts/sweatshirts and walked a bit around campus. We also went to lunch with M
Wednesday we spent at Mike's sister Laura Ludwigs. The kids played great. Jeremy is 11, Ian 9 and Shane 7. It is great because Emily and Jeremy are in the same grade and Julia and Shane are in the same grade. All 5 kids get along great and it is fun to see them together. Laura made a great meal and then we headed downtown to Temple Square. We visited the Joseph Smith Building, the North Visitor Center, and then went to the Conference Center to enjoy a show. It was a musical called, Savior
Thursday was Thanksgiving. Yummy food, pie, reading books, watching football, kids playing all around. It was great. The only downside was Julia getting a fever. We are not sure what happened, but she looked pale and got fevery. The only food she ate was Laura's clouds (rolls). I think she ate 4 all together over the course of the evening. That night, Jerem
Friday morning Mike got up early and did some shopping at Target. I met a friend, Kimberly Poulton, for breakfast at Kneaders. We both had french toast and it was scrumptious. Kimberly and I had a nice visit and then Mike came to get me for out drive home to St. Louis.
The drive back to St. Louis took 3 days. Between the snow and Julia's fever/stomach bug and the Sunday traffic, the drive seemed to take forever. We had snow in Wyoming and stopped at 7 in Cheyenne. Julia threw up for the first time in the hotel and had a just a few more until her last one the next morning. We left Cheyenne and drove through more snow while Julia slept most of the way. Mike really wanted to get back home, but it was just taking too long with the snow and it was dark. We finally stopped in Kansas City for the night and arrived about 9 pm. We all slept really well. I am gl
I am grateful for family and friends. The week was great because we spent so much time with friends and family. I am grateful for portable DVD players. The girls did a great job of keeping themselves busy with movies and music and sleeping. I am grateful for Mike buying me an ipod for Christmas. He gave it to me early so that we could listen to music in the car. It was fun to have the music play and not have to keep changing CDs (although we did listen to CDs too). I am grateful for Mike. I am grateful for my happy children. I am grateful for my home. There are so many things to be grateful for and I am truly blessed.
4 comments:
It looks like you all had a great time. Tiger Lily also had a fever for three days during the weekend and the girls and I missed Thanksgiving dinner. Fortunately there was no vomiting involved and I was so thankful for that. Glad you arrived home safely!
It was so great to have breakfast together. I could have talked to you for hours!
Sorry your ride home wasn't the best. You are a brave woman for attempting it in the first place!!
I'm still so sad that we missed you guys! It looks like you had a great week though. I'm glad you're home safely and that you all survived the drive!!
I'm ANDREW. Look at my massive arms!!!!
Post a Comment