Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Julia says the darndest things...

Julia cracks me up. I think she is just naturally funny. She has really good timing too. Here are 2 examples of her wittiness.

The other day Emily and I were talking about The Women's Suffrage movement. She was talking about the inequality of men and women and we discussed some of the changes that have occurred and the improvements in women's rights in the last 100 years. I stated that men and women really aren't equal and shouldn't be equal because they have different roles in family and society. She made a comment about ONLY being a wife and mother and I tried to impress upon her the importance of that role. Then I asked her if there was anything that she wishes that she could do that she can't. She couldn't come up with anything. So I asked if there was anything she could think of that men can do that women can't. Before she had a chance to answer a Julia voice spoke up from the couch...
Professional Football!

Emily and I were discussing the joys of womanhood and all that comes with it. Emily asked why boys don't have to suffer some of the joys that women do. I explained that boys have their own problems to deal with. Again, a Julia voice piped up from the other room...
Like hairy arm pits.

3 comments:

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

AH! I laughed out loud at those! She's definitely got a sense of humor. And a great sense of what's fair and what's not! :) Hailey would totally agree about the hairy arm pits. She got so grossed out in HSM 3 whenever the boys shot the basketball!

Gardener said...

HA HA HA!

Cranberryfries said...

Kids are so darn funny. Just when you think you have them all figured out they throw out a crack like that that has you laughing hysterically She's darn funny!